Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HPDM 4.7
Microsoft Windows Server 2012

Hi. I am trying to create the Master Repository, using a simple file share in HPDM 4.7 (SP10)

I have changed the  Controller.conf to the share (not using the default). But when I test it it fails with below message.

Verifying the Remote Access for selected protocols...
For SMB, Failed to connect repository Master Repository with protocol SMB.
Remote access verification ends.

Verifying the remote access is aligned with Master Repository Controller access...
For SMB, Insufficient privilege on repository Master Repository with protocol SMB.
Master Repository Controller access verification ends.

I have service account user who has full access to the Share.

What am i missing please?

Many thanks

Kieron

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with mine, although it's newly formed...I've had an HPDM running fine for the last two years and it's only just started throwing this error within the last couple weeks.

Called in a ticket to HP and they ran me through modifying file share and security permissions on the folder. Might be worth taking a look...as a test, you can take whatever folder your repository is in and share it to Everyone, then in Security give full control to Everyone and see if that helps, then maybe narrow it down from there. Didn't work for me, but who knows?

I'm hoping someone from HP actually takes a look at this and has some input, too, cause I went as far as to build a brand new HPDM server on 2016 and out of the box it came with the same issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.