Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G1 TWR
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I'm facing with the problem of launching PC (PN:C8T90AV) with Windows 7 x64  onboard on which the data have been encrypted by the HP Drive Encryption software (version 8.6.32.40 Rev.A), PC have the HP Client Security in version 8.3.17.2042 installed.

After the Pre-boot procedure and putting the user password, Windows begins to start and stops when the Windows logo disappears and I can see the black screen and cursor which doesn't move, system is unresponsive.

The same problem occurs when I try to start it in safe mode.

All I want to get are the user's data - unfortunately they have not been backuped.

I have the drive encryption .dat key file generated to recover access to the PC.

Is it possible to decrypt and access data from this disk using the .dat key on a different PC?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.