Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

ISSUE resetting HP Flexible Thin Client T620 back to HP Thin Client Operating System

HP Recommended
HP Flexible Thin Client T620
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am trying to reset the thin client I have back to the HP Thin Client OS rather than the Windows based operating system it currently has. I have tried downloading and installing the HP tool to do just this, but after install, it asks if this program installed correctly, and I can't seem to find a way to navigate to the program in order to open it. I am simply trying to make a bootable USB that can overwrite the current OS with the standard HP OS. Any help would be much appreciated. (If HP sells these bootable USBs, I would gladly save myself the trouble and just buy one)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can download HP Recovery Image and Software Download Tool

Your product download page is as below

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-t620-flexible-thin-client/5404706

OS recovery image as below.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp87501-88000/sp87545.exe

If this is helpful please mark this as accepted answer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had already downloaded the suggested file.

I found a resolution to my issue.

The .exe from the website saves a SEPARATE installer in the located folder. I simply had to go through that installer to get the actual program I was looking for and to create a USB installer.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation