Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17t-by0062
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On occasion when I login either as an Administrator or User the taskbar icons are not visible, nor can I pin new icons to the ttaskbar.  This is an intermittant problem.  Neither Microsupport nor Google have given me a solution.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@smolnar

Google cannot help with this - Google is not directly embedded in Windows.  Google and Windows can co-exist most of the time without too much trouble and grumbling.

In general, because there can be different underlying causes, the "fix" for your situation may not be the same as the fix for someone else.

Assuming the issue is "something" happening on your computer -- the issue is perhaps (and may not be limted to):

• Something (file / library / link / software) missing / corrupted / outdated in your Windows File System,
  • An issue buried in your Windows account (some sort of corruption or file error),  
  • A personal program (something you installed that is not part of Windows) that is "not getting along" with your current installation / version of Windows

The following article addresses some of the more (and less) common ways to deal with Task Bar issues, including more invasive solutions and a few of the easier ones (create a new user account and see if the issue persists, run windows updates).

Fix: Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing

If you have not done so, also consider that generally your computer is better off when your HP Software and Drivers are updated for the current version of Windows.  IF your computer is not fully supported in Windows 10, odd things can happen and there is little to be done about it.  (This last is a comment only - no emails, please.  I do not defend personal opinions.)

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.