Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I was preparing to reinstall some software with Windows 10 when I FINALLY(9 years? later) noticed I was missing a software package.

My original invoice shows Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements 9 were included, but never installed on this machine.  Can I please get that product now? 😁

From what I gather on some related posts,  my purchased "MS Office Starter Package" will be supported only by Microsoft, right?

Might I find these keys in a Windows 7 recovery of operation, prior to Windows 10 upgrade?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@BattleToad

All those Softwares you mentioned come as Trial or Starter Packs with new Notebooks. Which means they are only for a limited time period or they have only limited features unless you have paid extra to purchase the full versions

You can always download Trial versions of MS Office for Windows 10 and Adobe Photoshop etc online. But those will also be for a limited period unless you purchase the license for those Softwares

If you have purchased the license for the full version of Microsoft Office or Adobe Photoshop, then you have to contact Microsoft and Adobe to download and activate those Softwares on your Windows 10

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

KrazyToad - "If you have purchased the license for the full version of Microsoft Office or Adobe Photoshop, then you have to contact Microsoft and Adobe to download..."

I'm a bit skeptical the solution would be to call up Adobe support and say "gimmie my software plz.", without some validating process confirming my purchase with you.

It's been a while since I've starting this laptop fresh from factory, so forgive me for not remembering each step of the installation procedure.  Does reformatting the laptop somehow trigger the installation of these products?

To clarify, I have an older machine.  In preparing for a possible Windows 10 upgrade, I noticed a hefty software package is missing from the original (Windows 7) purchase.  Receiving this missing software (Adobe Premiere and Photoshop) is my main objective.

HP Recommended

@BattleToad

Just like any other software, if you were using the full version of Microsoft Office or Adobe Photoshop, so you will be having an existing Account with them.

You can download the Adobe Photoshop Trial Version from this Link: https://www.adobe.com/in/products/photoshop/free-trial-download.html. Those are similar Trial versions that come with HP Notebooks

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I sense indirect responses.

I never received my purchased Photoshop or Premiere as delivered from factory.

Will the reformat process somehow auto load this, on a PC circa 2011?

HP Recommended

@BattleToad

If you do a System Recovery, then it should bring back the Notebook to the original factory settings as it was on Day One

Does the original invoice show that you paid or were charged for those softwares?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have literally mentioned this fact in every previous post.

My concern is that if its not here now, it probably wont be in the factory fresh version.

HP Recommended

@BattleToad

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I realize the peculiarities of this service request, as well as the concurrent oddity of the state of digital property during this period.  Please forgive me for not reaching out sooner.  I'll post back with results.

Additionally, the tags in your posts were very helpful notification tools.

Thanks, KT.

HP Recommended

Having received no contact in two weeks, would it be safe to assume there will be none?

I'm not opposed to reformatting if this reinstalls preloaded software (circa 2012).  If forums are not the avenue for such technical questions, would you have another suggestion?

Revising my primary question, during this era, were software bundles (such as adobe photoshop) preinstalled or supplied on USB, downloadable, CD, etc?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.