Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp 2000-2d11dx
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
My laptop suffered an awful virus, and so I created a recovery USB to be able to reset it. All the resetting went very smooth, but at at the "HP software is being installed" screen when the laptop powered back on, the loading bars are at an endless loop. The top bar uploads about half way before it flashes, and it restarts while the bottom bar is stuck at around 1/4th of the way through. I'm afraid I'll brick my laptop if I shut it down, and that's not something I really want. How can I fix this?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jherrera6900

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP 2000-2d11DX Notebook PC. I read that the laptop had a virus infection and you performed a system recovery using a self created USB recovery media. The recovery seems to have gone well and now seems to be stuck on the "HP software is being installed" screen. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did you have any other external devices connected to the laptop when you initiated the recovery (like a USB printer, another USB flash drive, etc.)?
  • Sometimes it may take longer than expected on the "HP software is being installed" screen.

If the laptop seems to be stuck on the "HP software is being installed" screen for more than 3-4 hours then I suggest you to abort the installation and perform the following steps:

NOTE: You may have to initiate the recovery all over again. 

• Look for an option to cancel the recovery.
  • Shutdown the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.
  • Do not plug in the USB recovery media yet and check if the laptop boots into Windows. If yes, then the issue is fixed. If not then power off the laptop again.
  • Power on the laptop and tap the F10 key repeatedly to boot in to the recovery partition of the laptop.
  • Once you at the recovery partition, you will notice the below screen.

• In Windows 8 click to select the keyboard layout. This will not be available on Windows 8.1

• The computer restarts. If the recovery partition on the hard disk drive is functioning correctly, the Choose an Option screen displays. Click Troubleshoot.

Choose an option screen with Troubleshoot selected

• In the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.

Troubleshoot screen with Recovery Manager selected

• On the operating system selection screen, select your operating system.

Recovery Manager opens.

OS selection screen with Windows 8 selected

Then please follow the onscreen instruction to complete the system recovery.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

I want to know what I can do to solve the problem of stacking of my computer HP windows 10, while installing soft ware it started installing from yesterday upto now please help to solve this thank you so much.

HP Recommended
When you power up your laptop be sure there is no CD or USB connected and also hp agent provides the info read this one clearly and follow this for the issue to work as a solution

Look for an option to cancel the recovery.
Shutdown the laptop.
Remove the battery out.
Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
Power ON the laptop.
Do not plug in the USB recovery media yet and check if the laptop boots into Windows. If yes, then the issue is fixed. If not then power off the laptop again.
Power on the laptop and tap the F10 key repeatedly to boot in to the recovery partition of the laptop.
Once you at the recovery partition, you will notice the below screen.

KUDO ME !✔👍
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.