Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv8
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, apparently my windows is not working anymore becouse I cannot activate anymore due to the problem apparently my OEM licence is not legal anymore??  How can I contact the right HP person to recheck my license please? OEM on a laptop is a lifteme licence and should not expire???? Who can help me out please??? Ik totally cannot use any of my 100% legal licences I bouhgt anymore. It worked well for manty years and suddenly it is not working anymore. I need my OEM licence of HP to be deblocked becouse that could cause the problem!!! This is not funny and really need some help heren.. :-(. Somebody can help me out please?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Eli_C

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you need the OEM license code to activate windows,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you make any recent changes to the registry or the windows in general before the issue occurred?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Attempt activating your windows using the following methods:

Activate by phone (IVR) using Microsoft:

• Step 1 – Click on Windows Orb and enter ‘slui.exe 4’ into the search box
  • Step 2 – From the search list, click on ‘slui.exe 4’
  • Step 3 – From the drop-down list, choose the country you are residing now
  • Call the designated toll-free number; Read out the number displayed on the screen accordingly.
  • The IVR will then read out a list of character to you, enter it into the screen and Activate windows.

Reinstall windows using the recovery media that you may have created shortly after the computer was purchased, if you haven't that's okay as you can order one online using the details provided on this HP article: Click here

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it is solved. Had to reinstal windows 7. Thnks Now i lost every driver on my notebook. Should I sart a new topic? I tried today like 50 times to open the drivers page for a pavilion dv8 1200eb but the script of page is constantanious giving errors...

HP Recommended

@Eli_C

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I would need to confirm, did you use the HP recovery media to reinstall the Windows 7?

If not, please do as it would automatically reinstall the drivers and software originally installed so you don't have to go through the trouble of finding it individually as it's done if a retail copy of windows is installed.

If you have a recovery media in your possession: 

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If I have answered your queries, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.