Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Why our send email block rbl.hp.com. how to fix it. please give me help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @sheron2, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand when you try sending an email you are getting an error block rbl.hp.com on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

What application are you using send or receive emails on your PC?

Have you tried sending an email using a different browser?

Have you tried checking with a different email client? Does the issue persist?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned when you try sending an email you are getting an error block rbl.hp.com on your PC.

Encourage your service provider to ensure the server you use for email sending has been secured against outgoing spam and compromised email accounts. This problem may also occur if the owner of your domain name has been using the domain for spamming or fraudulent purposes. 

Check the IP address or domain listed in the error message against reputable RBLs including Spamhaus. An excellent RBL checking tool is available at www.mxtoolbox.com.

Secure your account against compromise by performing the following:

Change your password. Ensure your new password has a minimum length of eight characters and uses a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
Verify that your operating system is running with the latest security updates.
Update your anti-virus software and conduct a full scan of your system to ensure that a spammer has not installed spam-sending malware on your computer.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We are using zimbra email server. this problem only rbl.hp.com we are checking mxtoolbox but not never block our publick ip.  these issue only hp.com email address other all email are working.  please check below our email server returen message. plase give me solution this issue. 

26BA93273B0: to=<m.s.jayasinghe@hp.com>, relay=smtp.hp.com[15.73.96.114]:25, delay=8.3, delays=0/0.01/7.7/0.56, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host smtp.hp.com[15.73.96.114] said: 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [124.43.16.146] blocked using rbl.hp.com (in reply to RCPT TO command)

HP Recommended

@sheron2, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Thanks for sharing the details. It looks like it could be an issue with your email server or the ISP. Please try contacting your internal IT or Zimbra support and get assistance.

Rere the forums page from Zimbra for more help. Link: https://hp.care/2IJUtYE

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

email server doesn't issue. but only problem hp.com DNS send emails are returened. but incomeing emails no issure hp.com DNS. client recevied it.

thanks 

HP Recommended

@sheron2, thanks for your response again.

Did you check the thread from Zimbra website that I posted previously?

It could be a firewall or port issue which must be blocking the emails.

Try the steps recommended below 

a) Navigate to Settings > Email server and select Enable outgoing email to configure the email server.

b) Provide the SMTP server IP and port (if asked) along with the domain name. Use “25” for the port if no other is evident. NOTE On some models you will not see an input box for “Port”.

c) If the SMTP server requires authentication, provide the username and password.

d) The Return Email Address is required. The username must be the word “device” and the customer network domain name should be entered into the Domain Name field.

Also, if the emails are blacklisted from HP you can check yourself using the mxtoolbox website.

If you don't see any details, it could be an issue with the email server settings.

Please contact your ISP or internal IT for more information.

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I checked the postBut this problem only .hp.com DNS sending email. Our all other incoming and sending email working no issue. Our public IP is 124.43.16.146 I checked my dens is mxtoolbox but never blacklisted. Please find below screen shot and return email log details.

Jul 3 09:02:55 mail postfix/smtp[8106]: 9FC6F4D99B7: to=<m.s.jayasinghe@hp.com>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10032, delay=0.17, delays=0.04/0.01/0/0.12, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 from MTA(smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025): 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as C7E5D4D99B6)
Jul 3 09:03:04 mail postfix/smtp[9222]: C7E5D4D99B6: to=<m.s.jayasinghe@hp.com>, relay=smtp.hp.com[15.73.96.115]:25, delay=8.4, delays=0/0.01/7.8/0.59, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host smtp.hp.com[15.73.96.115] said: 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [124.43.16.146] blocked using rbl.hp.com (in reply to RCPT TO command))
Jul 3 09:03:04 mail postfix/bounce[9234]: C7E5D4D99B6: sender non-delivery notification: C3CEC4D99AC
Jul 3 09:03:04 mail postfix/qmgr[7505]: C7E5D4D99B6: removedgenx.PNG

HP Recommended

@sheron2, Thanks for your response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

There is nothing much I can think of as of now. However, I would be sending you a private with details.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.