Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP SmartStream Designer for InDesign v 13.0.4
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Using Adobe InDesign CC 2018 I have a mailing label to print 12-up per Spread and output to a PDF file. I have a VDP data source so I will end up with 164 pages/spreads in my PDF output file. How do I get a Page number (ie Spread Number) to appear on each page in my PDF? I already have a job# slug (Spread Element) in the imposition, but that it static text and does not change. I watched the online training videos and they are no help. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

OK. I was able to find the solution myself. I'm posting it so that others can learn if needed.

In your Spread Element file you need to define the variable field tag as a Text Channel. So, in my case, I have an InDesign file saved and within that file I have a Text Channel text block set as "Page <<#Sheet>>" along with a normal static text block to display a job number. This file is then Added as a Spread Element. I hope this helps someone else.

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 4.27.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 4.13.16 PM.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.