Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 795-0137cb , Product number: 5QA55AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY Desktop - 795-0137cb

My desktop 

Intel Optane+1.8TBHDD
1863.01 GB

TO: HP Technician Or Anybody Who Has Info I Need
Above is the HP new computer that I am currently using.
A. Have been a long user of Norton Utilities (16.0).
Q: Why, when I attempt (using Norton Utilities) I get a warning message, that defragging with cause undo wear on my SSD? I thought in fact I have a regular 1.8TB drive using the Intel Optane+ to only speed up access.
Q: By using Norton Utilities (features such as defragging, compacting registry, repairing system drive, etc…Is this going to damage my hard drive?
Q: Do I actually have a SSD? Or with the Optane+, emulates having an SSD?

Habu1954

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, your PC has a "standard" 2 Tb hard drive, and is compatible with Intel Optane. But I don't know if you have an optane drive in your PC. 

Fore more informations, please make a right clic on "this PC" and "manage". At left go to the drive manager, and tell me what are the drive appears into this. 

You don't need to defrag the Optane storage if you have this, but you can in the standard hard drive. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Fanordi,

I checked my drive manager it showed I have a Optane+ 1.8TBHD   Basic 1863.00 GB On line

Disk 0 partition 1 Layout Simple, Type Basic, Status Healthy  Capacity 260MB, Free Space 260MB, %Free 100%

Disk 0 partition 4 Layout Simple, Type Basic, Status Healthy  Capacity 470MB, Free Space 470MB, %Free 100%

Windows (C:)         Layout Simple, Type Basic, File System NTFS, Status Healthy  Capacity 1862.28GB, Free Space 1808.08,% Free 97%

Hope this info helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.