Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp-omen 15-dcoo18NO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have this problem that i cant use my touchpad or the two buttons on it while i use my keyboard when playing. many games would recuire that but i just cant do it and after an hour of googling this situation seems helpless. i could use a mouse but i dont carry it always whit me because the touchpad is much easyer to use in most situations. the touchpad is allso synaptics SMBus touchpad

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@niilo22, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard drivers-

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.

Uninstall the Touchpad driver:

1. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it. 

2. In the device manager, expand category "Mice and other pointing devices". 

3. Under this category, right-click on your Synaptics Touchpad driver and click on Uninstall. 

4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK button. 

5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver. 

6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically.

I would suggest here is to run the Windows update troubleshooter.

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

You can install the BIOS, chipset and touchpad drivers from here.

Alternatively, I would suggest here is to update the Bios on your computer from  HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.