Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP COMPAC 8000 ELITE
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I can't even get into this forum to reply.   It wouldn't take my password, and when I tried to change it it wouldn't let me becauase it said it was the same one.   I hope this is not a scam place here -- I don't trust anybody lately.   I miss the good old days when we had XP.   I only wanted to leave a message on the forum I was on -- not to sign up for a new one.  Why is this place so confusing?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@cab4

You are not stupid, you've been around

1.png

2.png

As you are a member, you can sign in to discuss nearly all topics on this forum.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I'm logged in and I still can't figure out how/where to add a reply to a post on this forum! should be must more obvious. I'm NOT stupid and I'm used to forums. What's up with this?

HP Recommended

> I still can't figure out how/where to add a reply to a post on this forum! 

You were able to reply to this topic.  Which topic did you want to reply to?

HP Recommended

Are some topics closed somehow?  I can't reply to some threads.

HP Recommended

>Are some topics closed somehow?

Yes.  If you look at the Legend at the bottom of the board, you'll see an icon with a lock saying: Read Only Thread

HP Recommended

Thanks Denis!

HP Recommended

nice post

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.