Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Why is it we cant choose our own personal avatars? Why do we have to settle for what is provided? Though me being an avid bassfisher I was somewhat pleased with the lure avatar. Though a choice would be nice.....select from provided or choose one of your own to upload.
OS Vista Home Premium 32 bit
CPU AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+ 3.0ghz
Motherboard Asus M4N78 Pro
Memory 3Gb PC2-5300 DDR2 @ 667mhz
Graphics Card BFG Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS 512MB DDR2
Monitor(s) Displays HP W1907 LCD 19", Gateway HD 19" LCD

Antec Earthwatt 80 plus 500 watts
Hard Drives 640GB 7200rpm SATA (2x320)
Other Info Optical: Super Muliti DVD burner w/lightscribe, Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
I would have to agree. All you would have to do is to post a rule saying that whatever you upload is suitable for all ages and you're pretty much set.
worked with HP employee for 2 years. Freelance tech support for 11 years.
HP Recommended

How do you think I feel?  Mine looks like a wiener.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

You don't have to keep the avatar that you were given and can change it if you go to your settings, which I've shown above.  In the top right hand panel of the forum, click to expand "More Resources" menu and click "User Settings"

Then click on the "Avatars" tab, where you will find a drop down list of categories titled "Choose a Collection", where you can find different collections to pick avatars from.

Let me know if you have any more questions about changing your avatars.

Thanks,

SunshineF

HP Recommended
But why can't we pick one of our "approved" jpgs ?
HP Recommended

@ GoodmanRoy

"How do you think I feel?  Mine looks like a wiener."

AHHH   HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa................................

Your funny!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
> See a great post? Click on the white star and give it a Kudos!

HP Recommended

How about some new avatars for the "NEW" look?!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.