Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had made a post here: 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Excessive-fan-noise-on-brand-n...

Someone deleted my post there, where I had replied, because I had the same issue with a noisy fan. This post was honest, polite and sincere, and totally within the community guidelines. 

Can someone please explain why the first post I made here was deleted?

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Pavlova .

Something in your posts triggered our automatic SPAM filter, but we have restored your message.

You can find it here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Excessive-fan-noise-on-brand-n...

Thanks so much for your feedback about the product.

WanderP

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi WanderP -thankyou for restoring the post. 

I'd like to suggest that it's a little strange that the spam filter would be activated over such a post, when there was no profanity, or something similar. There were also no external links within the post. What might be the specific reason that a spam filter was activated over my post? There must be something therein which set off the filter? Unless 'someone' did that.

Since the spam filter was activated(If it was not done by a person), then that would be down to artificial intelligence, or AI. That kind of intelligence will always be just that, so it might be a good idea to bring back the humanity. While there may from time to time be posts that need to be taken down, due to spam or otherwise, that would be a much more rational approach. Moderators can easily taken down posts that fall outside the community guidelines or which contain spam. 

HP Recommended

Yes, @Pavlova . I understand.

We do have Moderators monitoring the SPAM folder, to ensure that posts like yours are not removed incorrectly by the filters, and we will do our best so this type of situation does not happen again.

Our automatic SPAM tool work based on machine learning (AI), so the automatic filter reads 100% of the information created here in the Community. In some few cases, that we consider exceptions, the machine might find something that should be filtered for review, either on the user's profile or on their posts. We don't know what triggered that in your case because it is everything fine with your message and profile. 

When this type of situation happens, the machine will learn more and understand that, what was found in the first place in your post/profile, is not harmful or against the rules. With that, the machine will improve the automated filter.

Thanks again for understanding, and please, accept our apologies for the misunderstanding!

WanderP

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Good Days, Ms.  Pavlova....Might you have ever perhaps  utter a dirty word in your vital postannie.jpg? I bet you put in a teeny tiny word that is labeled as a curse word in The Good Book....or said something that the world was sensitive to, whch actually is everything and beyond nowadays.

Just simply redo your post or just get over it and it's gone...the sun will come out in the morning, you bet your bottom dollar, Annie

xo

FONDA X. COX, PhD
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.