Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-07-2021 10:03 AM
I've got a Mac mini M1 (ARM). I'm trying to get it to drive my Samsung CLP-310. Since all tech support requests redirect me to HP, I'll assume HP bought out the Samsung printer line.
When I go to the HP Tech Support section for printers, it asks for the serial number on my printer. It's a Samsung, but what the hey? If HP bought the Samsung printer division, they should be doing tech support too. Lo and behold, I enter the serial number and....they can't identify it. I can't get any farther until I enter a serial number they recognize. The serial number isn't going to change. How do I get any kind of tech support for this printer?
03-07-2021 10:24 AM
Welcome to the HP Community.
Donot respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.
Donot respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.
These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.
HP did purchase Samsung printers a few years ago.
I did find reference to this printer on the 'net - it is circa "Vista" years.
The important bits / Answer
- Printer, regardless of its model, is well out of warranty.
- HP Support services hardware for covered items that are in Warranty.
- Even for products in Warranty, HP does not accept email support requests.
For those reading:
HP Support contact information is posted later in this message.
Less important to the context of your question:
- I have no idea whether any of our Experts has ever even seen a Samsung printer - of any vintage.
- If anyone has experience with a Samsung printer, you might receive help if you post your question in the Community.
Scroll to bottom > Ask the Community
- The information / documentation for the printer is still available in the printer's website support pages.
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to thePrint and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Submit a case for Warranty Repair to HP Support.
After your case is submitted,
Contact information, including phone, will be displayed on your screen.
HP Support - Technical Support for Devices in Warranty
Case submission to HP Support is available to those whose devices are still in Warranty.
For the rest of us, this is not an option.
HP Support does not generally provide free service for out-of-warranty devices.
Our Community is not HP Support; we do offer help free of charge.
Scroll to bottom > Ask the Community
- If you wish to pay for out-of-warranty phone support, let us know and we will forward a request. The request may - or may not - make a difference.
- HP is not a "general" repair facility: Requests for out-of-warranty repairs are generally not accepted.
- If the problem is hardware, if your device is in Warranty, and you cannot submit your case to Support, let us know and we will forward a request.
HP Technical Support – Contact Information
- Submit information / case online
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- Certain regions only provide phone / chat contact after the case is submitted online
- HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.
Select a method and contact HP Support…
Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent
(In the HP Community)
Open homepage for HP Community
At the top of the web page, hover mouse over Support
Beneath Support Resources > Contact Us
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
USA / Canada
>>> Option - HP Support is on Facebook <<<
Some regions in the World offer WhatsApp to connect with HP Support
NOTE - At this writing: USA is not included in supported regions.
NOTE 2: Submission Checks the device warranty status
Covered regions – minute 2:08
Video: WhatsApp - HP Support
Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards
Have a Care Pack Warranty that needs to be Registered?
Check the Warranty on your product
NOTE: Warranty date is updated after purchase and registration of the device.
If the device is not registered, or if there are other issues, submit a Warranty Dispute form.
NOTE 2: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
Reminder: Online database results do not impact the actual contract.
Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.
- If necessary, select your Region / Country: Scroll to bottom of page and click the Flag
- HP Computers and Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty
HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)
Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document. Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.
- HP Limited Warranty Statements | HP® Official Site
- HP PCs - Damage Not Covered by the HP Standard Limited Warranty
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.
Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"