Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Today, I am writing because i am furious from getting off the phone with HP.  I am a college student and i really need my computer to get through my day, currently i only have access to the ones at the library. You know how inconvenient a computer at a college library is...I saved up enough money to by me a HP TM2 + Touchsmart ADP.  I simply fell in love with it.  The touch screen started acting up and i called in to have it checked out, the couldnt diagnose the problem over the phone, so they sent the order in to have it looked at by a technician.  That was on April 23, 2010. The computer was sent and the estimated date to get the computer back was May 14, 2010.  When that date came around, no computer, no message from HP and no update online about the order.  Two days later i call them about my computer and they say the computer was not repaired because of a part shortage.  Right? the manufacturer of my computer ran out of parts to fix it? does that make sense? So they told me that the they will update the status online when they fix it and will ship it back.  Another week goes by and still no word from them. so i called them and they finally say June 18, 2010 is my estimated fix date when they get the parts in.  So i tell them please ship my the Computer back unrepaired so that i could use it for a while when summer school starts on May 24.  After a week of them giving me the run around they finally cancel my repair order on May 23. I thought that the would be shipping it immediately, but they said that the office is not open on the weekend i had to wait until monday the 24 to have them ship it. The technician said, "For sure you will recieve your computer within 2-3 business days."  A week goes by and still no computer. I call them today. the first time i try to connect to a technician, he/she answers the phone then hangs up, same thing happens the second time.  So I *67 the number and called back. finnally got an answer. I ask them where is my computer. and they say it should have been recieved on May 27, 2010. I tell them I have not gotten it back and requested a tracking number. He says that there isnt one. So they transfer me to another line and the person tells me that they have not shipped the unit because they ran out of boxes to ship the unit in. and that they will send me an email when they send out the computer. I ask for a number to their manager and he said that there isnt a number on file. 

I loved HP until i had to deal with the employees that they have working for them. The service has been far worse than i can ever imagine it would be.  I loved my HP TM2. by far the best laptop on the market. Worth every penny of the $1000 i paid for it. But this is unneccessary.  There is no reason that my computer should be gone for 2 months with out it being fixed and sent back. they have given me every excuse in the book for why they have failed to with hold their word. As far as I am concerened, This will be the last computer I buy from them especially one under warranty. because I paid $125 for a protection plan so that i would get full support from HP and in return they:

1. Dont have any technicians that can speak english
  2. their offices dont communicate
  3. the emplyees never logged all the times i called and why
  4. they dont update/ communicate effectively with the consumer
  5. the service is simply horrible

As far as i am concerned, HP has stolen my computer and will not give it back. I tell them to fix it and they try to keep it for as long as possible. I am really planning on pursuing legal action since i have recordings of the phone calls with the rude technicians that gave me the run around, hung up on me, and gave me the same information. We the consumers are the reason they have a job and this is how we are repaid.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.