Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

According to the announcement at the top of this page

The HP Consumer Support Forum is a way for customers to help each other find answers, solve problems, and get the most out of their HP products.”

And from what I have read, there seems to be a lot of gripes with HP in particular with their after sales support.

In this forum could you not start a new section for customer experiences (good or bad) where we can see what issues HP users have and how they were solved without the common answer where the client starts from scratch buy contacting customer support.

MCT
MCSE Security
MCSA Messaging
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

We have a laptop that was on the HP recall list.  We contacted customer service and were given a few problem solving steps, but were told (we saved the email) that if we continued to experience the problems, HP would fix at no cost (End on May 2009) and there was no notice of a time limit.  When we pushed for this fix, we were told too bad, this offer expired a couple of weeks ago, send us $400 to fix your laptop, but we do offer really good customer service.  Humor was lost on me.

Seems that customer service may be a bit lacking.  Google "HP sucks" and you may be astonished at the results.

HP Recommended

That stupid annoying pop up to remind us of a possible update on printer software, annoys the heck out of my co workers, trouble is they do not have the admin privilages to actually check it out, how to get rid of it, or at least have the person with admin privilages take it out....somehow

HP Recommended

@bleh818 wrote:

That stupid annoying pop up to remind us of a possible update on printer software, annoys the heck out of my co workers, trouble is they do not have the admin privilages to actually check it out, how to get rid of it, or at least have the person with admin privilages take it out....somehow

Just uninstall the HP Software Update or the HP Update program from Add\Remove Programs.

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended

HP Sucks alright - I work with and use PCs extensively in my job as a systems consultant and business integrator - Buying a new laptop in the past has always been a fun experience for me - I love to get and use new technology....HOWEVER I have owned and used this HP laptop for nearly a year now and have to say that it has been the most NOT enjoyable experience. From day one the battery lasted less than an hour. The HP Customer support tried a whole lot of stuff and then told me that this was normal...YEAH RIGHT - so laptops are no longer portable devices that you can use on your train commute to work????? THEN they treid to sell me a bigger battery!!! Cheek of it!

The Vista OS sucked from day one and even thought I picked a high spec machine - it runs like a sick dog!

I am now going to make it my mission actively to encourage our customers large and small NEVER to consider buying HP for their business...HP do NOT stand behind their products and they have NO after sales support worth talking about.

I cannot wait for some sucker to steal this one off me - they would be welcome to it!

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums, and thank you for the suggestion!

If anyone has feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

• Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

• When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.