Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17t by 300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi...I have a couple of things I would like to discuss.  I have been a long time purchaser of HP computers.  My most recent computer is an HP Notebook.  Before that I always had HP laptops.  I have found since then that they are not one and the same thing.  My current HP notebook has been the "cheapest" made computer that I have ever owned.  I just made a purchase for a new HP Laptop, which customer service assured me was much better than the HP Notebook I purchased  in the past.

Customer Service also told me they were no longer making Notebooks, only Laptops from now on, has anyone else experienced this?

I was curious to know if I am very naive or just uninformed.  I received the tracking information on my new laptop and it said the laptop was on it's way to me from

=========================================================================

Delivery - -

Current Event

Cleared Customs 11/27/2020 10:00 A.M. -

Past Event

Shipped 11/25/2020 10:37 A.M. Chongqing, China

Past Event

Label Created 11/25/2020 3:59 P.M. China

=====================================================================

China.  1-I assumed the laptop was coming to me from an HP location somewhere in the US and my laptop would be reviewed by HP before coming to me.  2-I was told that I would not receive the laptop until 12/11/2020 and now I am being told I should receive by Monday 11/30/2020.

I do not know if I should be concerned that HP is not overseeing my purchase.  I have always had a lot of faith in HP in the past.  I am very pleased with the price of my purchase, as I have been waiting until I could afford an I7 Intel Core laptop.

thanks for listening.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@midnight1951 

Definitions and information here:

HP Tech Takes > Laptop vs Notebook: What is the Difference?  

Discussion / Observations (Personal Opinion)

HP maintains full manufacturing, testing, review, and shipping facilities in China (as do many manufacturers).

Computers and other devices are tested and checked at a point before they are boxed and readied for final shipment to the customer.  Unless otherwise stated specifically in your order, expect to receive your shipment as a direct shipment from HP to your home / office.

Some devices might receive the "white glove" treatment in addition to the myriad of steps that are part of the quality check process.

For example,

Some Custom-to-Order devices are extremely high-end machines that cost several thousands of dollars.  Examples might include the top of the line Zbook mobile Workstation series.  Fully loaded, a workstation of this type can be used to design a house or a computer game, execute complicated math and science projects, and perform other tasks that require "best of best" components chosen by the customer at time of order.   CTO items follow a slightly different path to completion, in other words.

All said, your computer should arrive in good working order and sometime around the projected delivery date (things are REALLY busy right now).

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Did you receive your laptop in good condition?

I am having the same problem. I have also been an HP customer for over 15 years. I was supposed to receive my custom built laptop today. I was shocked when I saw it was shipping from China. It's now been stuck in customs for 4 days and HP is not responding to any of my inquiries. I wish I had known how much they had changed. I wouldn't be spending thousands with them. Terrible customer service!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.