Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15sdu2040tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I ordered a hp laptop from amazon on 12th of august and got it delivered by 19th of august. I  found that there was an issue with my product and has registered a case in hp. A technician from hp visited my residence and said that it's an case of DOA and packed the laptop back into its box and asked me to wait for 2-3days and assured me that an DOA letter will be send on email id. The DOA letter was not sent to me and so I called many times in hp customer care and each time I got an answer that they will look after this case on priority basis and that a DOA letter will be mailed to me within 24-48 business working hours. My case was registered on 1 sept and the technician visited my place on 4th sept. Today is 22nd sept and when I called HP today, they said your product is rejected for DOA because the DOA period is over. They gave me an illogical verdict that the DOA period will be counted on the day when invoice has been issued and not from the day of delivery. I don't understand how will I know whether the product is defective or dead before I receive it. Its my final try to get an solution and if it does not work I find no other option but to go for legal ways and file an complaint in the consumer court regarding this matter. Its an humble request to solve this issue as my studies are being compromised. The only reason to buy this laptop was to continue my studies on online platform during this pandemic situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AnnJ99

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I will escalate your case to HP's Regional Escalation Team

Please check your Inbox for more details

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AnnJ99

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I will escalate your case to HP's Regional Escalation Team

Please check your Inbox for more details

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.