Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just spent a good 15 minutes signing up for this forum and writing a response which was then suddenly deleted to my surprise. I wrote the response to help others who also might be in the same situation as me. This is unacceptable for any forum operator. Yes, the original question was from 2013, and the last thread post was in July of 2017, but my post was relevant to the thread and on topic. If the moderator felt the thread was too old, he/she should have simply locked it after my response, not completely invalidate my response by deleting it. By doing so, you overlook the time and effort one made for the post. My intent was to help others, which I believe is the purpose behind this forum.

Also, If HP doesn't want others commenting on older threads, simply lock after some time period.

Will not participate in HP forum again. Very welcoming environment you have here.

If anyone was wondering, this is what I posted:

“Just bought a new HP OfficeJet 4650 that was having the same issue with scans, copies, and faxes being slightly crooked or slanted but only when using the Automatic Document Feeder(ADF).

The only solution seems to be to adjust the 'paper guides' after you have inserted the paper(s) you want to feed through the ADF. It has to be snugly fit with absolutely no room for play, so I would suggest you grab both sides to correct any wiggle that may exist, but not too tight. I probably only adjusted it one or two millimeters, but the difference is a straight scan/fax.

I want to thank the user Autodog above who motivated me to try this solution instead of returning the printer back to the store.”

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi OfficeSuperJet,

Thank you for the heads up.  I totally agree, there is no reason to delete your post.  You are correct in that I did lock the thread.

I just reviewed your post again and it appears, to me, not to be rejected.  Can you please recheck and let me know.  Thank you.

Cheers,

Cheron

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.