Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

"Lightening-fast multimedia PC delivers"

I know this isn't the right place, but I can not find a "webmaster" link.

I am only posting this as a quick favor. I really do not care if anyone follows up on it or not.

If no one at HP is responsible, then that is fine.

I probably won't even come back to check on responses--if this isn't the right place, then send it on, delete it, or ignore it. It truly is not my reputation on the line for making a stupid typo. I am responding at all because I have made this sort of error in the past, and appreciated knowing about it sooner rather than later. I do care about attention to detail in the way we use language in public places. Otherwise  I would have just ignored it altogether.

In case you missed it: "Lightening" means to make something lighter. "Lightning" is the flash of electrical energy in the weather world. They are both conventionally spelled words, so the spell checker won't find the mistake. Sometimes I wish spelling checkers were not so convenient--so many people seem to not bother reading over what they typed. (and there is probably an error somewhere in this posting--another "always happens" phenomenon). 

Of course, as is usually the case, the most embarrassing typos find their way into the really big print.

Whether anyone fixes this or not. . . have a nice day . . .

Roy Gathercoal

[text removed for privacy]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Where did you see the misspelling? A url would be helpful.

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.