Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
This is regarding the service offered by,HP Invent#28, 1st Floor, 15th Cross, 3rd Block, New Diagonal Road, Jayanagar, Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka. I Own a HP Pavillion Notebook under warranty till Nov 2009. The DVD Drive developed a problem and the DVDs would not be detected. The Laptop would also heat up excessively. The laptop was taken to the above mentioned Authorized service center as this is one of the only 2 service centers in bangalore city where laptops under warranty are repaired. The experience was jaw dropping..the level of service offered was unheard of...a -100 on a scale of 1-10. i was given a token number and made to sit in a big room full of people annoyed with their products. i waited for about an hour before my turn arrived. In the time that i was waiting i saw customers getting shouted at, riddiculed, sarcastically commented upon. The attitude in the service center was one of " Its your fault that your laptop is not working and we will not help you, get lost from here". i was seated in the front row and could listen to every conversation going on between the customers and the Support agents.The agents would just not listen to the customer and conclude the problem occured because the customer did not handle the product with care and hence the repair cannot be covered under warranty. The tone with which the agents spoke made me wonder if i really was in a HP Support center. a small example---------------------------------------------------------------Customer: Hi there is a problem with my laptopHP Support Agent: what is it?Customer: My Laptop does not start up.HP Support Agent: What version of OS do you use ?Customer: Windows XPHP Support Agent: do you know that the OS that you are using is not supported by your laptop.Customer: but this is the OS that the dealer from whom i bought the laptop had installed.HP Support Agent: he will install anything, its your responsibility to check if the version is supported by your laptop. How do you expect it to work tell me ?Customer : it also heats up a lotHP Support Agent: how do you use it, i mean where do you keep it when you are working.Customer: well its a laptop i keep it on my lapHP Support Agent: who told you its a laptop?..Customer: ??HP Support Agent: its a notebook, its to be kept on a flat surface.dont you know what.Customer: Notebook is not a laptop ?HP Support Agent: no its not...u cannot keep it on your lap and work on it.Customer: but it should not heat up so much.HP Support Agent: let me checkHP Support Agent: turnng the laptop towards the customer...can you read that?Customer: what ?HP Support Agent: the BIOS version can you read that?Customer: 22HP Support Agent:yes, and do you know what is the BIOS version recomended for your laptopCustomer: ??HP Support Agent: its 44, you have the wrong OS, the wrong version of the BIOS and want your laptop to work??--------------------------------------------This is how the customers were being dealt with, one of the customers asked to speak with the manager and the manager also had the same attitude. then it was my turn to show my laptop. i told them about the DVD drive issue and the heating issue and was told the same notebook and not laptop thing and also that it would take 5 working daya minimum to replace the DVD drive, i was flabbergasted at why it would take 5 days for the drive replacement and he explained things like we dont keep any stock at the center, its in the warehouse and takes 4-5 days to arrive etc. i was amazed at how inefficient and unfriendly the staff was. i could not wait that long and came out repenting the fact that i was the owner of a HP laptop. Every customer who left the service center might have had the similar feeling of repent for having bought a HP product. i myself would never again buy one or recomend HP to anyone. This Feedback is to inform you of such service centers. I am sure HP takes pride in its products and the service it offers, hope necessary steps will be taken and next time i visit a service center the experience will be much better.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This forum is to leave feedback and suggestions directly relating to these message boards. If you have feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

• Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

• When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.