23 10 0 5
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Getting help on the Forum

HP Recommended

When I attempt to post a question in the Forum, I receive an error message:

Tags

Message Tags

The message tags contain HP, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

There is no mention of "HP" in my post or in the tags, and furthermore why would this be 'not permitted' in an HP forum?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
BasicallyIDoWrk
Level 4
59 59 3 13
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there!

Are you mentioning "HP" at the Product field? When you insert product and OS, each field automatically generates a tag. See if that resolve your problem. 

(OFF) My opinion, they don't allow "HP" at the tags because:  1) It's quite obvious your product is HP; 2) The purpose of tag creation is to group customers with same issues/products/etc. Allowing "HP" at the tags, it'd multiply the number of tags and that's not interesting. Anyways I can be totally wrong, this is just my opion 🙂

Cheers,

BasicallyIDoWrk
0 Kudos
HarryHef
Author
Level 2
23 10 0 5
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply - but no I didn't mention HP *anywhere* in my post, including the subject. I had to logout and login and then I was able to post the very same message without receiving a system error. Just a glitch, I suppose, albeit very frustrating.

0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
16,238 14,997 1,038 2,096
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've reported this issue to our HP contacts.  They are investigating...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation