Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp chromebook x2
Chrome OS

I have been trying to get help with my chromebook for at least a full year (I've had it for less than 3) now; I have posted twice in these community forums and at the suggestion of a reply to the first one, opened a case with HP support. After a month or two with no reply on the case, I made another post, and this one went completely ignored. It has now been at least seven months since I opened the initial case asking for help, and I still have not received a reply. There seems to be no other way to contact support. I'm fully aware that my chromebook is out of warranty, but being that this is a product that I paid for, that shouldn't preclude me from at least getting a freaking reply. Not only that, but the chromebooks issues are just getting worse now, as I initially just wanted help finding a replacement pen (as the one I received with the notebook has always had significant issues, so bad that while it was still under warranty I received a replacement which was just as bad). Now, though, there are two red lines appearing through the screen which seem to come and go, sometimes blinking in and out of view. Quite frankly, this chromebook is the single worst and most stressful purchase I've ever made, given all the problems it has caused me. I bought it for school multiple years ago, and have been pretty much unable to use it for its intended purpose since the moment I got it. And a 6 month warranty on such an expensive piece of equipment, quite frankly, is pathetic.  TLDR; HP customer support is literally worthless, and so is the computer I purchased from the company. Biggest waste of money ever, and I will forever be warning anyone I meet off of HP because their service is so completely awful. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@chambeal 

I am sorry your experience with our Community has been less than stellar.

Edits - Forgot my "do not engage" rule of conduct.  😶

Remove content...

I hope your next product and brand experience is better.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Appreciate the reply, but was in no way attacking this support community or whatever you volunteers do - obviously was not expecting anyone on here to fix my issue? As clearly stated, I submitted a case to technical support nearly 8 months ago and that is what I'm principally upset about. Regardless of the warranty, I submitted a case under my HP account, and my complaint is about that lack of reply there. Additionally, I wasn't even requesting a fix of my laptop, I was merely asking what pen might be compatible with my computer, as they no longer sell the original - which you'd think would be a simple answer.

Nor was I complaining about the chromebook itself....? HP still produced the product, whether or not it's a Chrome OS operating system, which I actually prefer to Windows....so the experience of the chromebook isn't the issue here. 

You know, I really hope my next product and brand experience is better too 😕

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.