mrsteve2007
Level 3
46 29 1 6
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

How do the Kudos Button work

HP Recommended

I am new to this board. I wanted to give someone a Kudo but when I clicked the button nothing happened.

How and when do we use these and what are they for?

Thank You in Advance

Mr Steve2007
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,357 11,483
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As Haggis_Cat said, you must be logged in before it will work. Once you click the button it should show a 1, or if someone else has kudo'd that post the number advances to the next. Kudos are simply a way for members to say thanks for helping, and the "Accept as Solution' button marks your problem as solved, which may help others who come here looking for 'solved' threads.

As members participate and  collect 'Kudos" for helpful info,  they move up in the forum rankings shown HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HaggisCat
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,229
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know you have to be signed in and your pointer has to be over the star.

0 Kudos
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,357 11,483
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As Haggis_Cat said, you must be logged in before it will work. Once you click the button it should show a 1, or if someone else has kudo'd that post the number advances to the next. Kudos are simply a way for members to say thanks for helping, and the "Accept as Solution' button marks your problem as solved, which may help others who come here looking for 'solved' threads.

As members participate and  collect 'Kudos" for helpful info,  they move up in the forum rankings shown HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

View solution in original post

mrsteve2007
Author
Level 3
46 29 1 6
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks

Mr Steve2007
JIMBO2799
Level 1
4 2 0 3
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

@CherylG wrote:

JIMBO2799
Level 1
4 2 0 3
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

janeintoronto
Level 1
13 12 0 2
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am familiar with the forum, but for the first time I am looking at through Firefox instead of someother browser. In various HP support pages, data entry fields do not show up at all. Only hovering until the pointer changes from an arrow to a finger will find them. In the forum, the Kudos star does not appear at all, but it can be found by the above process by hovering somewhere above the little number at the bottom left. I am assuming this is a Firefox glitch; I don't know what else is different.  I am properly signed in.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation