Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
This is a problem I've been chasing, looking for a solution, since I registered my computer in January 2013. In spite of registering under about 5-6 different user IDs and passwords, I'm never able to get logged-in. I have disabled all security and autofill options, deleted all cookies, lowered my security settings to minimum, and changed internet settings. I've even used the Forgot Password link and answered all questions but I'm always sent back to the log-in page and it either recycles back to the log-in page or tells me the user id or password is incorrect. Over a month ago, CalvinP said the issue had been escalated. To where? I've not had any attempts to contact me or anything. I'm really sorry I decided to stay in the HP family. Got to be the lousiest support going. Why doesn't Ms Whitman do something about the obvious indifference to the people that has made HP what it is? Does anyone, not associated with HP, have any ideas? Believe me, I will not purchase another HP product.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello all.

Let me express my deep appreciation for all the responses to this post. Also, I'd like to apologize for all the time, effort, and attempts to solve this problem and any frustration/aggravation it caused.

I'm sure I have found the solution to this problem.

It appears that my HP factory refurbished computer is the culprit. Right now, I'm using my old HP Compac s5310f that I restored to factory original after I purchased the new h8-1280t.

I figured I try the old one to see if I could get logged-in using my original Forums ID of khone. I then clicked Forgot password, reset the password, clicked continue and "kazam!!!" - here I am.

So, apparently the refurbishment of my new computer was wrong. So, I will continue using my old computer while I use the restore discs sent to me my HP and so a 2nd restore on the new one.

I wish I had done this a long time ago, but I didn't suspect the problem to be with the new computer as HP Forums was the only thing I was having a problem with.

Again, thanks to all who attempted to solve this problem. I am deeply indebted to you all and truly appreciate all your efforts.

Wish all ladies a Happy Mother's Day.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I am sorry you are still having this issue.  I've just now, again, tried resetting your account.  Can you see if you can get in and stay in now? 

Want to help? Become an Expert!

I was an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Thank you CalvinP. Well, I don't have any idea what id or password HP has on file. I've used 4 different id's and passwords for Passport and no luck. I've registered with 3 new id's and passwords for the forums and they don't work either. Everytime I enter an id/password, all it does is recycle back to the Passport log-in page. I've deleted all HP info from my security software, disabled all autofill info and nothing works. What I'm going to do next is "fire up" my old computer and see if I can get in with it. If so, then I know it is something in the new one. If not, then I know positively it is something to do with what HP has in their files. I find it extremely frustrating that I started having this problem only after I registered this new computer (HP factory refurbished). I do, very much, appreciate your time and patience with this. I don't think I'm going to continue chasing this too much more. Got more things I need to do and not much time left on this earth to do them.
HP Recommended

Are you having trouble logging in with the khone account or another account.  I think we are a little confused since you are able to post under the khone account and i haven't seen any mention of another account.  What is the name of the account that you want reset?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

HP Recommended
My original registration in the Forums was using the khone id. The problem is that I cannot log-in using that id and password. So, I registered two more times using different id's and passwords. After each one, once it was successful, I clicked on the Continue button. After that, it takes me right back to the Passport sign-in page, I enter the new id/password and it always says "user id or password is incorrect". No matter what id/password I use, it always ends-up saying that. That's why I don't understand what the problem is. 3 different id's/passwords and still unable to log-in. The same is true with Passport. I've used the same id, clicked Forgot Password, reset the password and when I try to log-in, it says "user id or password incorrect". I have no idea what the problem is and am about to say "to h___ with it all". It ain't worth the aggravation and frustration. Thanks for your concern and efforts
HP Recommended

His posts lately are originating from Facebook...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hello all.

Let me express my deep appreciation for all the responses to this post. Also, I'd like to apologize for all the time, effort, and attempts to solve this problem and any frustration/aggravation it caused.

I'm sure I have found the solution to this problem.

It appears that my HP factory refurbished computer is the culprit. Right now, I'm using my old HP Compac s5310f that I restored to factory original after I purchased the new h8-1280t.

I figured I try the old one to see if I could get logged-in using my original Forums ID of khone. I then clicked Forgot password, reset the password, clicked continue and "kazam!!!" - here I am.

So, apparently the refurbishment of my new computer was wrong. So, I will continue using my old computer while I use the restore discs sent to me my HP and so a 2nd restore on the new one.

I wish I had done this a long time ago, but I didn't suspect the problem to be with the new computer as HP Forums was the only thing I was having a problem with.

Again, thanks to all who attempted to solve this problem. I am deeply indebted to you all and truly appreciate all your efforts.

Wish all ladies a Happy Mother's Day.

HP Recommended
Thank you CalvinP for your outstanding assistance.
HP Recommended

You're most welcome, I'm glad you got it all sorted out.  Happy posting!

Calvin

Want to help? Become an Expert!

I was an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.