Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried to get some help with an issue that I have been having and could not decide where the issue fit best so I posted it over multiple areas ... NOT to SPAM, but because it did not fit into anyone area ... here it is listed below;

I have a HP Pavilion a6152n PC purchased in Sept. 07, running 32 bit Vista

For a while my web cam worked fine, but now, while I can see the web cam, those on-line using such services any Skype and Yahoo. can NOT.

The audio continues work fine and CAN be heard by the other party ... the problem is with the video.

I even bought a new web cam thinking maybe it was a problem with the cam, but the same problem repeats on THREE different web cams, one microsoft and two Logitech, so if must be some kind of software(hardware) problem with the computer.

I am hoping it is an easy fix ... I just have no idea what it is, Please help!

Thanks so much and have a good day!

Not one area ... could be hardware, could be software, could be 'other' ... I wanted to get as many eyes as I could so maybe someone would have a solution.

No solutions from HP ... just my posts locked.

That is NOT the kind of customer support that I deserve and I will be taking my future business to other providers.

My suggestion is that HP have both more help and more respect for its clientele.

Thank you for reading this!

Message Edited by Clyatt on 06-01-2009 05:16 PM
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Clyatt,

Only the duplicate you posted is locked. Please see your original thread here, which is still open for responses:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=HardwareDPC&message.id=7223

Thanks!

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

HP Recommended
Same here- bought scanjet 3970 and had multiple problems installing it on three different computers.  A few years ago, a chat person helped me install it, and after about an hour of messing around, it worked.  Now, HP sttes this product is no longer supported, even though clearly, there is a known issue with it.  I followed all the instructions, installed patches etc, and am done with this nonsense.  Im sending this to Salvation ARMY to confound someone else, while I will head to Walmart for a cheap scanner that isn't so high maintenance.  You can be sure it WON"T be an hp brnad- they sucked up enough money for nothing on this one.
HP Recommended
I have had problems with HP from day one and HP would not-could not solve my problem so I lived with it for several years.  After intensive searching for help from HP, I took my HP products off line and bought a Brother AIO and booted it up and guess what....IT WORKED PERFECTLY  the first time.  It finally scanned to Word and I could edit my files.  NEVER could do that wtih the HP G85 AIO which was very expensive and the HP 2400 PhotoJet which was expensive at the time.  Not only would HP refuse to help me solve the problems with my AIOs, HP wanted money UPFRONT just to ascertain what might be the problem.  I have had my home office setup for consulting but was limited as to what I could do with the HP products but now I am certain that with the Brother, I can do all I need to make clients happy and bring in an income.  I, too, will never buy another HP product again.   And by the way, Wendy, get the hell off the forum....you are an HP employer and are as useless as your products.  You should be solving our problems with your products rather than talking gibberish.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.