Novafett
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Import Clearance Delay

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ordered a HP laptop back on February 2nd.  Was told it would arrive at the end of Feb.  Ok no big deal.  This morning i check and there's a customs delay of some sort. Specific Message says:

"Clearance instructions from the importer are required.

Recommended action: Importer must provide instructions."

After researching I see some older posts on here showing delays of up to 2 weeks!  Anything anyone can do it clear the log jam?  Is there an email address / phone number i can contact?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Novafett
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let's see if we can get to 50 views with no replies folks!!

0 Kudos
dave623
Level 3
38 32 3 6
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Provided you're dealing with UPS ....

I've got a very similar situation.  In my case, HP has not provided UPS with the required documentation to release my package.

Have your tracking number handy and call UPS International Customer Support.  1-800-782-7892.  If they switch you to domestic, tell them to get you back to international.  You will most likely need to talk with UPS brokerage and it's probably a similar situation to mine.  Delivery In Limbo - HP Support Community - 8003937

FWIW -- when you call UPS, let the phone ring.  They don't answer that fast.  Good luck!   

Novafett
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.. it was via Fedex and cleared up in a couple days.  Not sure what HP did to clear it but i'm glad it wasn't a week or two like in the previous threads regarding this error.  Best luck in your situation.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation