Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello All, I just updated to IE9 x64 and it seems that all the right side portions of the web pages on the Forum have now been moved to the bottom of the page, whereas thet were at the right side when using IE8 x86. I also had the same issue when using IE8 x64.

Just wondering if this is something that could be addressed or is it just a part of the IE8 x64 or IE9 x64 version programs.

Thanks

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi there Hanspuppa,
   I discussed your issue among my friends
and they said it has something to do with IE9 "enhanced support for HTML5". I really still don't have details of what they mean, but it seems it has something to do with the "structuring and presenting the content" of websites. I'LL update about this as we go on with our "GOSSIPING". Our fave topics over cup of coffee and chocolates these days are IE9, Firefox 4,  Google Chrome 10,  Nuclear disaster and LIbya.
Best Regards
TEDUinManila

HP Recommended

Hello TEDUinManila, It seems the HP Forum web site has overcome this issue as of today. The pages are being displayed as they were originally.

Not sure if HP managed to correct the issue or not, but since I have not updated IE9, it would seem that the HP WebMasters may have resolved this issue.

Kudos to whoever corrected this. All seems to be good now.....:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Hi Prof  Hanspuppa,
 I would like to hear from your observations if you have decided to download and tryout Firefox 4.0.1 by Tuesday. Please update us about your findings.
Best Regards
TEDUinManila

HP Recommended

TEDUinManila wrote: Hi Prof  Hanspuppa, I would like to hear from your observations if you have decided to download and tryout Firefox 4.0.1 by Tuesday. Please update us about your findings.
Best Regards
TEDUinManila

Hello TEDUinManila, I have not tried Firefox lately. I tried it a short while back, and I did not like it.

I have tried almost every version that has been released hoping it would be something I would enjoy using but so far, not what I prefer.

Internet Explorer 9 is not a good as I was led to believe either. It does seem to load the Internet pages faster.

I tried Google Chrome 10 a few days ago, and it has a long way to go before it's ready for prime time.

I'll just suffer through IE9 untill something else comes down the road.

HP Recommended

Hi Prof,

I think we're in the same boat. So far I retracted and downgraded to my former browsers. I think I will wait until all the bugs

has been eliminated. This time , I need my machine to work efficiently pass through my backlogs. No time to do experiments for now.

Best Regards,

TEDUinManila

HP Recommended

Hello,

There are known issues with IE9 and the community that are being worked on and will be solved in the coming weeks.  In the meantime we recommend using another browser if you are having troubles.  🙂

HP Recommended

MrMatthew wrote: Hello, There are known issues with IE9 and the community that are being worked on and will be solved in the coming weeks.  In the meantime we recommend using another browser if you are having troubles.  🙂

Thanks MrMatthew, for this update. My IE9 worked well for a few days and now the issue has reappeared.

I will just live with it until it gets resolved.

Regards, Hanspuppa

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.