Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 11a-nb0000 (9WF18AV)
Chrome OS

I am after a bit of advice please.I bought my chrome book from a seller on Amazon August 2020 and around two weeks ago when I switched it on I noticed the screen did not look right it was fuzzy so I contacted the  seller on Amazon sending a picture and the reply was the screen was cracked and I was offered 10% of the price I paid to get it fixed.In the next sentence they said it was under warranty and to contact HP.I did not get a warranty  or anything when I got the chrome book it came in Amazon packaging but when I turned the chromebook over I found a serial number and information stating it was under warranty for a year and one day.I input the serial number on the HP site and it stated it was under warranty from May not from the date I bought it.I then contacted the seller several times  as to me this is odd and they will not answer me.I have looked on the HP site and it states the warranty does not cover cracked screen.Is it possible that I have bought a fake HP chrome book and they have stuck a serial number from a real HP chrome book?Sorry if I sound stupid as really not that good on computers.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

hi

So sorry, maybe I didn't understand everything correctly.
I confirm to you, if a screen is broken, that hp indicates that this is not a problem with the computer, it is not under warranty
now i don't know if i understood this correctly, but
if we replaced the computer completely (amazon?)
another model may have been delivered to you, which may explain the difference with the date
If the serial number is recognized, it can't be a fake, I doubt it!
in any case, if you were in contact with Amazon, ask them directly

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.