Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've worked for/with HP Inc for almost a decade and this year is the first that I've been able to afford to upgrade my home PC.  I attempted to buy a Laptop during the Memorial Day sale just to be told weeks! later it was no longer available and then remembering settling for what I got when I did.

It was never really what I wanted but it's an upgrade.  And if I give it to the lady, it's an upgrade from her eight yr old model.  So I'm still shopping for me for X-mas, 2 birds one stone scenario. 

Problem is that I keep having issues with the websites...and then my purchase is either unavailable or the deal has expired when the webpage would not let me advance my purchase.

During the buying cycles, getting any valid customer support has been a full time task on its own.  I still don't have answers from yesterday, after the sales expired. MicrosoftOffice.com does not have the same distinction as "Home and Student" vs "Home and Business", so how am I to know the difference as a customer doing research unless I ask and am never answered.

I don't know why/how.?.. 

Your loyal employee

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Alex_Russell 

I'm not sure I understand all you said - old Dragon brain and all that.

I do suggest you purchase Microsoft Office from Microsoft after you get your computer.

Trying to purchase Microsoft Office with the computer can work - but might not provide the results you expect.

In most cases, whatever Microsoft Office is mentioned in the Specs is "Trial Software" anyway and not "licensed" Office.

What to do?

Everything you need to know about Office is perhaps best learned at Microsoft Office Website.

For example - Office Purchase Options

Microsoft Office Products - Choose your Office

What about "anyone else"?

Of course there are others having trouble with the Website ordering process right now - if you work for HP you know the holiday period is VERY BUSY.  Now that we are so very close to the time most people need their orders fulfilled, the HP Store website, the phones, and Customer Service are overwhelmed.

I have read that popular models are flying off the shelves and getting your favorite can be tricky.

What to do?

Our Community is not a business group - we are not in any way associated with HP Sales, HP Support, HP Warranty, or HP Customer Service.

This response is a courtesy - we do not have a way to move people to the head of the line or connect anyone directly to Service, Warranty, or Sales / Customer Service departments.

Yeah, but, "I work for HP!"

I am not sure that makes any difference to the ordering process.

No matter who you are, we are not the Store.

Nonetheless,  I will send your comments for Review.

Good Luck.

Stay Safe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those reading:

New Product? Need Help? HP Online Store – USA – Customer Service

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the Flag to change regions.

Customer Service - Examples

For example:  Self-Help Service, Account, Security and Privacy, Tracking, Change Order, Returns and Cancellations, FAQ, Shopping, Shipping and delivery, Rebates / Coupons, Product Support, Parts and services

OR

Select a subject type

OR

Select a subject type

OR

Select Home and Home Office products > (Next) Select the type of order / information you seek

========================================================================

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.