Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
power pavillion 15cb007nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Some keys like b,n, caps lock, delete, F1 and F12 and - intermittently working. It is not about overheating since it happens first start as well. It suddenly starts working and again stops working. Should i change keyboard or it is something related with software.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Iza01 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that some keys are not working.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the keyboard test and let us know.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Keyboard and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I already did it. I made a lot of things that include removing and re mounting flat cable of keyboard, updating bios, updating windows, delete and re install keyboard driver and still they work intermittenly.

This is what you asked for; some words are in Turkish :

Model: HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx

Seri Numarası: 5CD7463LWH

Ürün Tanıtım Bilgisi: 2GR76EA#AB8

CSO Numarası:

Temsilci No:

================================================

Başlangıç Saati Tür Sonuç Hata Tanımlama Bilgisi

------------------- ---------------------------- -------------- ---------------------------

2020-10-16 01:04:56 Klavye Başarısız Oldu RTQFN8-90GA92-MFPUQK-G4MN03

2020-10-16 00:52:50 Klavye Başarısız Oldu RTQFN8-90GA92-MFPUQK-G5M603

2020-10-16 00:47:22 Klavye Başarısız Oldu RTQFN8-90GA92-MFPUQK-G5M603

HP Recommended

@Iza01

I understand your concerns.

The issue with the keyboard. I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can conatct the local service center for repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply but I dont have any local service near my city so I decided to do it myself. Do I need anything but philips p0 and p1 screw driver to change keyboard? Could you describe the steps to change keyboard?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.