Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ba021ax

Hi..

I purchased the  brand new HP 15-ba021ax laptop about 9 months ago.. and due to some reason I havent used till now.

I installed OS and everything works fine. Only after OS is installed and realized that Battery is not charging - shows 0% all the time. Its perfect on Power.

Do you think the battery is dead? I didnt remove the Battery from Laptop during these 9months gap 😞

Note: I havent touched it for about 9 months after purchase. When I received it brand new at that time it came with FreeDOS and I remember battery was OK at that time. 

Now works only on AC  Power.

Pls help..

Thx..

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @JhansiK, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have charging issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Have you tried charging your laptop using a different adapter?

As you mentioned the battery percentage shows 0% all the time on your laptop.

Check if the pin inside the DC or charging port is bent or broken.

Try updating the BIOS and check if it helps.

Link to update the BIOS.

Also, You can update other drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Please perform below-shown steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get reinstalled automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter
Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

If the issue persists try updating other drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Also, Try running a battery test on your PC using HP support assistant and check if the battery is functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi..

Sorry.. All those steps didnt help me 😞

1) Updated BIOS 

2) Uninstalled and Battery drivers as u mentioned (followed all steps as it is )

3) Ran Battery Test using HP Assistant - The result all shows good about Battery - except message "Not charged for long time".

**Interesting this is "it shows ' Charged 100%  - where as on the battery indicator on bottom right on task bar - it shows "0% available - not charging".  And all of a sudden like 5 mins after I start the laptop with AC Power - the indicator suddenly shows 100% and laptop goes to standby..

I have attached screenshots of 'HP Assistant' Battery Test.. on Windows 10 (new installation)

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-05 at 10.14.01 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-11-05 at 10.14.02 PM.jpeg

***No Physical issues like Adapter or pin bending etc. All brand new.. (BUT DIDNT USE FOR about 9Months)

Pls help if possible..   I dont have another battery to test. Can try shortly..

Thx..

HP Recommended

Hi @JhansiK

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @MrRobot, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Based on the screenshots you have shared, it looks like the battery is gone bad. I recommend you to contact HP phone support and check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.