cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ShubhanginiJain
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My v215b hp pendrive is in write protection mode

HP Recommended
Hp pendrive
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ve tried everything from diskpart to registry even tried ufix tool but in ufix it doesn't display the pendrive. I bought it on 21 july 2019. Please help me.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,886 1,961 2,160
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ShubhanginiJain

I reviewed your post and I understand that the pen drive is showing write protected message when connected to the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Go to My Computer/This PC and under Devices with Removable Storage, look for your pen drive device. Right-click on it and click Properties. Click Edit, in the pop-up box, sometimes there's an option to Remove write-protection. Change the status of this option and try again.

change pen drive properties to allow read and write

Method 2. Disable Write Protection Using CMD

Step 1. Search command prompt in Windows and run the program as an administrator.

Step 2. On the Windows Command Prompt, type each command line as follows and each command should be followed by an Enter key.

Step 3. When the write protection has been removed, you'll see the message 'Disk attribute cleared successfully'. Type exit, so you can close the window.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation