cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kzoyto
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Purchased HP laptop at Sams Club but 2 year warranty not showing in HP warranty DB-battery issue

HP Recommended
X7X01UA##ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Purchased (HP Notebook - 17-x137cl; prod #X7X01UA) in Nov 2016. Came with extended 2-yr manu defects warranty. Just checked the HP.com warranty website/CS and my serial #is showing as expired.

Need warranty assistance on original battery-not holding power.

[personal information removed]
Prod #: X7X01UA##ABA
Battery CT#: 6EZRT09WY37515

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 272 397
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kzoyto

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your notebook warranty shows expired, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Did you buy the warranty from HP or from the store?

If you have purchased a warranty from the store during the purchase of your notebook, it will be store warranty and you could contact the store. 

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

kzoyto
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

The laptop was purchased with a HP warranty - 2 years.

The battery, even when connected and charged (original HP laptop charging cable/cord) for many hours only shows 83% charged.  When not connected, to a charger, the battery life drops quickly to '0"-usually within 45 minutes.

I've done the troubleshooting - turn laptop off completely/turn on.  Opened the control panel, remove battery driver, reload battery driver, etc.

Not sure what to do next.

0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,508
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kzoyto,

I read the post and your time and efforts to try and fix the issue are greatly appreciated. As @Flower_Bud is out for the day, I am responding on her behalf.

Please follow instructions as suggested by her in your private message to get the computer serviced.

Take care and have a great week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
kzoyto
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,  I'm not able to see the private message, from Flower_Bud.

Can you resend.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,994
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kzoyto

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @Flowe_bud, as the tech is out for the day, that said, It'll be my honor to help you with the private message, although, here's what you need to do:

Check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

That said, I've sent another private message with the details you need.

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation