Did you mean: 
Iain1955
Level 7
287 266 21 66
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Ranking System

HP Recommended

Is there a formula to calculate the US academic syle Ranking in this forum (it is nota structure familiar to us in the UK).  I observe there is a quite fast progression through the first 5 ranks, so it must at that level  be wighted on activity rather than time.  For example one user has been on the forum for 505 days, has 9 Badges and 2 Kudos and is an intern, 5, and another has been on for 2,160 days, has 12 Badges and no Kudos and is a Teacher, 5? Then at the other end of the scale we have an Associate Professor, 9 with 1,015 days on the forum with 20 Badges and 308 Kudos and a Distinguished Professor with 718 days on the forum, 20 Badges and 420 Kudos? Just asking?

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
BasicallyIDoWrk
Level 4
59 59 3 13
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

As far as I understand, based on my observation, there's a formula indeed, which considers basically replies, kudos and solution. The register date seems to not count very much, as I saw users growing from level 1 to 10 in like 2-3 months, but other users that grew from  level 1 to 5 in 1 year. 

I'm not sure of that, though. But for me, the most important to measure is the solution, then the kudos, and then replies. E.g. 1 post = 1 point, 1 kudo = 2 points, 1 solution = 3 points). And by the time you grow, the next levels are harder to achieve, like.. for example level 1 = you need 1 point. Level 2 = you need 3 points. Level 3 = you need 10 points.

Something like the badges (1 kudo = 1 badge; 3 kudos = another badge; 5 kudos..10 kudos.. 25 kudos.. It becomes harder and harder..

Just my 2 cents, I don't work for HP

Cheers,

BasicallyIDoWrk
Iain1955
Author
Level 7
287 266 21 66
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That's got to be worth 1 Kudos, but not quite a solution 🙂
BasicallyIDoWrk
Level 4
59 59 3 13
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand :Crying:  Thanks for the kudos anyway :TongueOut:

I wish I knew the formula too

Cheers,

BasicallyIDoWrk
0 Kudos
Debbie_L
Retired
Retired
569 452 17 384
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good question, @Iain1955, and also, great observation, @BasicallyIDoWrk!  Your rank is very much based on activity level and not how long you have been in the community. 

A member could have joined the community a while back and not contributed, thus remaining a student, while someone else may have just joined, but has contributed in a positive way to the community and has quickly rose through the ranks 🙂

I am an HP employee, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others.
Iain1955
Author
Level 7
287 266 21 66
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Certainly worth a Kudos @Debbie_L, but only the formula can be the Solution 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation