Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I was getting lots of stupid emails saying how I'd earned medals like I'm some prize winning dog at Crufts... and I was getting them after every post... 

So I unsubscribed - but now I don't get the important emails, i.e. if someone has responded to my topic.

I'm also not a student - I'm a customer.

This silly nonsense is not appropriate or helpful when dealing with technical issues.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I just got one for posting this!

Man it's a sad world when you have all this nonsense for just posting a few words in a forum.

HP Recommended

And I just got ANOTHERRRRRR one for posting that message.

It's like the system has mental health issues. It just keeeps on...

HP Recommended

@hostile17

The infrastructure in the forum is built for the purpose of supporting different kinds of people -- some of whom, like yourself, would prefer that the "extras" be eliminated from their forum experience.

You can adjust your settings to ignore gratuitous trimmings.

Log into your Forum account home page > My Account > Subscriptions and Notifications >

Under Email Notifications - Notify me of >

Badges I earn > set to Never > Save

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Bravo and well-said, Dragon-Fur. This is a place of learning and support. Yet I'm having second thoughts about posting here, but curiosity has the better of me: I'm betting if anyone knows the answer, you do.

Product Name: HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j173cl Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Re: HP Support Assistant:

Do you, or anyone viewing this, know a way to save to file, or print from within Support Assistant? Seems obvious, simple, but apparently not.

HP did not provide a simple 'save' or 'print' button in the interface, and  I've tried every trick that I can dig up to save entire info-filled pages within Support Asst, without result.

It's seems like a no-brainer to be able to, say, save your entire Specifications page, as a good reference, or Diagnostics results. In my half-hour online chat and remote take-over by an HP rep, he stated "it can't be done".

There's gotta be a way. Right?

Thanks!    KayCo

First visit to the Forum and first post. And I am not a student, but went through preferences and did not see a way to change it ... early here, tired I guess 😉 

HP Recommended

@KayCo

You are welcome.

You might try the following.  It does require that you use a workaround as opposed to having HPSA provide the print option:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Section:

Options >> Printing Stubborn Web content (Snip)

=================================================

You might like the following - I use this program; it provides output to an html file of your system's complete hardware, software, and configuration:

Belarc Adviser

You can, of course, print the html output from your web browser

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edits!

BasicallyIDoWrk - thanks for filling in. 

@KayCo

My apologies, I missed your last comments once I started my Post.

There is, as stated, nothing related between your personal achievements - academic and otherwise - and your "ranking" on the forum.  Word-play for the purpose of keeping track of various counters, amongst them, the number of posts started by an individual member.

Should you decide to participate more frequently, you will notice that your "ranking" changes.

=======================================================

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@hostile17

I understand your frustration. But IMHO those medals are mainly designed for volunteers that help in the Forum.

This is a peer-to-peer community, and not an official HP support channel - although they do have representants here to help you to get to official support.

IMHO The badging system is an extension of a gamification process that is here on this Forum for a long time - the ranking system, for example (you're a "Top Student" Level 2 at the HP community - this has nothing to do with your academic level).

Badges and gamification is a quite common strategy - and quite efficient - in others successfull communities. It's a way to engage customers, and to keep the helpers involved and always wanting to contribute more. 

This is a tendency on social media channels such as an online community - although I have to agree it can be seriously annoying depending on what's the customer expectation, or if the gamification is not well designed.

Cheers,

BasicallyIDoWrk
HP Recommended

One can always use the old method of "Screen Capture" to grab the desired information:

<shift>-PrintScrn, then open the Paint app.  Click "Paste", and your screen will appear in the app.

(Note: this works in Win7, different OS's have other methods).

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Doesn't work - Applied these settings some time ago, just made another post and got two emails for the one post - two ranks in one for some reason. Went back to my settings and sure enough it is set to never. Probably will get another one now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.