Did you mean: 
LosAngeleno
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Third Party Scammer Posing as HP During Printer Registration

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025

This message is for HP. I was setting up my wireless HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 printer in May 2020 when the printer's screen directed me to register the printer on an HP website. I followed the printer's directions and accessed the HP website. After a few blocked attempts to register my device, a virtual chat box appeared and directed me to call a number for technical support, after which I was defrauded and bullied into purchasing services to remedy the error that was "preventing" my printer from being registered. The third party claimed to contract with HP. While I disputed the transaction after realizing the third party, Eminent Business Services was engaging in fraud, and eventually received a refund by disputing the transaction through Paypal,  HP has not compensated me for the stress this caused and the time it took from my personal life and from my work. There has been no compensation offered for my experience, and I am now very hesitant to access HP customer support. I spoke to three customer support agents, and sent evidence of the fraudulent transaction to the address an HP customer service agent provided me in May 2020. I have received no response from HP. It seems that HP does not care about their customers' experience enough to acknowledge the incident and to provide compensation. I would like to know what safeguards HP has implemented or will implement to prevent hacking into its websites. I see an article has been posted about fraudulent scams. This is useful but insufficient.

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,988 24,942 1,163 1,195
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LosAngeleno

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation