Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BitsNDiodes
Level 3
73 60 0 4
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

This Fake HP Message Has So Many Red Flags!

HP Recommended

Hello! I just got a message from someone who does not have an HP badge in the HP forums, and honestly this message ain't legit at all.

Dear Customer,

We really appreciate for your concern regarding your HP Product. But its hard to provide you the appropriate solution for this issue in community. In order to get easy and hassle free HP Technical support for you peripherals. Kindly call +1-818-660-0765 (US/Canada) & +44-020 3289 7008 (UK)for assistance.

Thanks & Regards
HP Helpdesk

First off, I am in the US and this isn't the real HP number. Can't fool me. HA! 😄

Second of all, how is it hard to provide me a solution in the forums? Lol. Third, "HP Helpdesk"? What the hell is this? LOL.

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,378 26,735 2,430 9,103
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are correct, this is not from HP Support.  If you had called they would access your system remotely, installed unknown software and then attempted to charge you a significant amount for the "service".  Who was the user that sent you the message?  Please report it so they can be banned.  You may also click on the envelope in the upper right which will open the Private Mail system.  Click on the subject line for the offending message which will open it, then click "Report Inappropriate Content" to tell the moderators about the offending post.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are correct, this is not from HP Support.  If you had called they would access your system remotely, installed unknown software and then attempted to charge you a significant amount for the "service".  Who was the user that sent you the message?  Please report it so they can be banned.  You may also click on the envelope in the upper right which will open the Private Mail system.  Click on the subject line for the offending message which will open it, then click "Report Inappropriate Content" to tell the moderators about the offending post.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
BitsNDiodes
Author
Level 3
73 60 0 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Oddly enough, Shane_Tech did Lol.
0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The scammers often pick usernames that appear to be support, tecnicians or helpdesk personnel. I reported this one.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation