Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried for over 2 months to get help with my laptop using online chat/email, I couldn't access the internet with my modem without daily system restore procedures.  I contacted the online chat and email tech services (which I believe were from India) and after many tries and trying to get this basic point across, each time lasting for from 45 min to 1 1/2 hrs AND I CAN'T EVEN COUNT THE NUMBER OF TIMES I TRIED - and finally the restore feature would not work and I decided to contact someone by phone based in the U.S at Compaq.  Thank you David 5057769, he finally went thru enough procedures to determine that something internally with the laptop, set up arrangements for FedX pick and today, in one 1 week, I have the laptop back with a new hard drive.  Someone needs to give all the HP support staff the same technical guides, it should not take a customer 2 months to get a solution for a problem. Everyone in HP Cust Svc needs to have the same TECHNICAL TROUBLESHOOTING books.  This whole matter really hurts, I just purchased this laptop in August of 2008 and it replaced a 10 year old Compaq - which I never had any problems with.  What has happened to HP products and the customer service.  My warranty should be extended for another 6 months at the very least for the poor customer service. HP I HOPE YOU READ THESE MESSAGES!!!!!!!!! THE REASON I PURCHASED ANOTHER COMPAQ WAS PAST EXPERIENCE WITH MY OLD COMPAQ PRESARIO 1200.

Got my laptop back today, EARLY, the problem, it was NOT COMPLETELY FINISHED, it took over 2 hours to get up and going, had to contact phone customer service, hurray for the Mid West Call Center, you need your own customer service, you all seem to know what you are doing, THANKS AGAIN!!! Dee (HP YOU MIGHT NEED SOME QUALITY CONTROL WHEN REPAIRS ARE MADE!!!!!!!!!!)

Message Edited by DeeT on 06-15-2009 04:51 PM
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This forum is to leave feedback and suggestions directly relating to these message boards. If you have feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.