markcobb
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Where can I obtain light scribe media

HP Recommended

Could not post question in proper category as DVD writers not a topic. I have a light scribe 1040 DVD writer but can no longer find media at popular stores, Office Depot, Bestbuy, Stapes, etc. Has this technology been disfavored so that now one has to buy the media at very high prices at very few locations? Or what.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
markcobb
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK. I found a few in the thousand of hits ranging from 42 to 69 dollars and have to order online, not conveniently in store. Guess I will just buy a disc inkjet printer at those prices. thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
WyreNut
Level 15
16,239 14,998 1,038 2,096
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Google is your friend.

The discs are available at dozens of online stores.  Best Buy, WalMart, Staples, etc.!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
markcobb
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They do not have them in the stores, and when I do a search using 'light scribe media' or lightscribe media, nothing comes up. I will try again though if you were successful.

0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Search for "lightscribe discs".

I saw 350,000 hits.

WyreNut

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
markcobb
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get numbers like that too when I do a search, but when you look at the detail of what comes up, none of them are lightscribe---they are only white inkjet printable.

0 Kudos
markcobb
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK. I found a few in the thousand of hits ranging from 42 to 69 dollars and have to order online, not conveniently in store. Guess I will just buy a disc inkjet printer at those prices. thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Lightscribe-CD-R-700MB-50-PK/dp/B00135IILO

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=lightscribe+dvd+blanks&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=25...

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/lightscribe-cd

And as an answer to your question, as mentioned on the ebay site "these discs are becoming quite rare.."

Optical media is nearing the end of life.  Streaming is killing it, and USB/card media holds so much more information than these disks.

WyreNut

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation