Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wichrau23
Level 1
13 8 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Why is so much personal information listed under 'public view' for my HP username?

HP Recommended

I received a surprise today, after posting a question about a failed Touchpad on my HP ProBook 4530s, when I clicked on my username and saw my email address, my IP address, my full name.

I thought all this info was private.  There is no 'edit' feature under my username.  This is very disturbing to me that the price for getting help for a problem with an HP product is to have all your private info revealed to the world.

In order to ask this question, I clicked on 'send feedback to webmaster for forum'.

I am hoping that this is where it is going, and not to a public forum again.

Please remove what I site above from my public profile, because I don't have the ability to do this myself.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,357 11,493
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Members can not see all of the info you see. As a test log out and visit your Profile page again...you will not see the info, you will see only what other members can see.

For instance I just clicked on your name to go to your Profile page.I am logged in _but this is all I see>>

Public Statistics

Date Registered‎11-20-2011 11:21 AM
Date Last Visited‎12-27-2012 12:44 PM
Total Messages Posted10
Total Tags

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation