cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MammaB
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Word Starter 2010 won't open and fix can't fix it.

HP Recommended

I have installed the word starter 2010 fix from the previous post. When I try to open it the program telles me it cannot fix the program because a internet connection is needed. I am indeed connected to the internet otherwise I couldnt be posting this nor downloading the fix. I would love to have someone come into my system, have a look around and fix this.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,850 92,727 12,006 25,601
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try

1. open the control panel
  2. choose programs & features
  3. right click on Microsoft Office Starter edition
  4. select change
  5. Say "yes" to repairing the app.

More options

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_install-mso_other/microsoft-word-starter-...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
MammaB
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sorry baihen:

It tells me that there is no internet connection and the fix can not be run.  It says a quick fix was tried but could not fix it.

"The internet connection required for a complete repair of Microsoft Office Starter 2010-English could not be found, a quick fix was performed offline. If your problem persists , connect t the internet and retry repairin this product"

well as you can see I am connected to the internet. Now what?  I have tried system restore but only have a 3 day restore point. I used to have months of restore that I could go back to, now wat?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,850 92,727 12,006 25,601
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Other option: Reinstall it because Microsoft WON'T supply fix for Office Starter 2010 anymore.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation