Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yesterday I tried to purchase a Dv7tqe from the HP webstore, I'm currently in the US for a month or so before returning back to New Zealand. My previous laptop (HP Dv5) died so I required a replacement.

I Found out the hard way that the HP webstore requires you to have a US billing address, since i'm only here temporarily I don't have a US billing address tied to my credit card.

I contacted support about this issue asking them if there was A way I could purchase the machine without the US account, the reply was not to dissimilar to politely {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion} It was suggested that I either move my bank acct to the US or get someone from the US to buy it for me.

I don't really think i'm about to put an ad in the paper for someone to purchase a $1600 computer for me on the off chance I will pay them back.

I told the rep it was quite urgent that I get the laptop, it was obviously in HP's best intentions to reccomend I buy it from the NZ store (a very handy reccomendation) which is great, because i'm in the US right now, nowhere near NZ, whats the point in buying it there? in fact you don't even offer the machine in NZ. And whats even more great is the NZ site doesn't even WORK. how handy is THAT??

So I was basicly told, we do not give a flying {Content Removed} about the fact your company really requires a laptop, how about you go to a site that doesn't work, based in another country and try and buy it there while I sit and laugh at your pitiful attempts at life.

I also emailed them earlier (since chat was offline) 28 hours later, and still no reply. You claim that in 24hrs a rep will reply, it seems that is a lie (and also contradicts the email you sent saying within 48 hrs)

So unless someone in HP feels like most graciously rectifying my prediciment I feel that I will never look twice at HP (since I can't get them from the NZ store anyway) i'm not sure what i'll get next because although you don't want to sell me your product I kind of need to buy it because they are generally relatively good. still it seems that I won't be buying an HP any time soon unless this gets fixed.

Kindly digruntled regards

M McCardle

PS, on a positive note, since everone is so angry (me included) around here. at times support has been great, big thanks to the guy who talked at great lengths about processors for Dv5's

PPS, i'm still really pissed off about the whole issue though, please fix it

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Consumer Support Community. This is a peer-to-peer community for customers to connect and share solutions regarding their HP products. If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.