Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is driving me up the wall.   All I want to do is update my email address on HP forum.  Surely you should be able to do this without too much trouble.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi belledixie!

You should be able to change your email address by going to your HP Passport settings. 

Once you go to your user settings you should see a screen like this:

Settings4.JPG

Just click on Contact information and that should take you to your passport settings  **please note** it may ask you to login again and take you back to the forums - just repeat the process again and you will be taken to your settings.  From there you should be able to change your email address.

I hope you find this helpful!  Please post again if you need further help!

PS: I've moved your thread to Forum Feedback & Suggestions so that this information can be more easily found by others should they run into the same problem!

KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Perhaps some more details.  It is not clear what email you are asking about and where the address may be.  If more info is given, I am sure it will be done without too much trouble.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I would have thought that under preferences or profile you could 'update' your email address.   Can you help or point me in the right direction please.

HP Recommended

I see the original post has been edited.  That makes sense now.  However, I also see that it will not allow that change.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you , may be someone could look into this for me.   We have changed from BT to Sky hence the need for a change of email address.

HP Recommended

I do not know how your logon is setup, but on mine, the email address is my logon name.  If that is changed, it would require a new account.  Since you have very few posts, would that be a hardship to just make a new account using the new email address?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I agree,   once I have finished with my enquiries with regard to a new HP laptop that I have placed I will probably do just that.   I am surprised that there is not the facility to do this, but there you go you cannot have it all, as they say.

HP Recommended

Hi belledixie!

You should be able to change your email address by going to your HP Passport settings. 

Once you go to your user settings you should see a screen like this:

Settings4.JPG

Just click on Contact information and that should take you to your passport settings  **please note** it may ask you to login again and take you back to the forums - just repeat the process again and you will be taken to your settings.  From there you should be able to change your email address.

I hope you find this helpful!  Please post again if you need further help!

PS: I've moved your thread to Forum Feedback & Suggestions so that this information can be more easily found by others should they run into the same problem!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
HP Recommended
Gosh easy when you know how. I do think Change Your Email should be an option under your user name. Just a thought.

Thank you.
HP Recommended

Glad you were able to find it!

Thank you for the suggestion, I will be sure to pass it on!

Have a lovely day!

KittyK

Rules of Participation
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.