Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet895cxi
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just today got an email saying I now have the rank of New member.

According to my search and my own records, my last post was in 2010, and related to a totally different old computer and operating system - was Windows 7, I now use Windows 10.

Did I make a recent post that is not showing on the website?

What is going on? Is your response usually so slow?

How do I contact someone from HP, other than customers?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

And I now see I have earned the Creative Commentator badge !!!!

Is someone having a laugh?

HP Recommended

and now the Engaged badge

This is just too silly

HP Recommended

I now have a Kudo badge, and rank of Level 1, and still no explanation or reply !

What on earth does it all mean?

HP Recommended

@simplealan

Thank you for sharing all of your ranking updates.  HP Support Community has recently updated the ranking system and your confusion is understandable but not intended.

To answer your concerns:

Did I make a recent post that is not showing on the website? No.  No activity since 2010

What is going on? New Ranking updates

Is your response usually so slow? Response time can in fact vary across the community

How do I contact someone from HP, other than customers? Please let me know why you need some one from HP and I will address that.

Cheers,

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Cheron-Z

o.k., if you work for HP you count as a contact.

Why have I been promoted/regraded nearly 10 years after my last post?

I think HP would be better regarded if they were contactable directly, and answered questions,  instead of awarding meaningless 'badges' and promotions to those who do not get answers.

I apologise for being a bit short, I appreciate HP is a huge enterprise and may take a few days to respond. Now I have a contact I will be more patient

HP Recommended

@simplealan

I regret your frustration and please know that the necessary corrections will be made to any profiles that were upgraded incorrectly.

Thank you for your patience.  

Cheers

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

It's not so much corrections as explanation that I want.

Why did it take HP about ten years to welcome me as a new member?

HP Recommended

@simplealan

Thanks for the follow up.   As I mentioned previously in my first reply to one of your question(s):

What is going on? New Ranking updates

You should not have received the update.  HP  ranking updates  should not have gone to any inactive accounts.

Your account has been inactive for quite some time and if you like I can close out your profile.   

Please let me know.  Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Cheers

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi @simplealan  - welcome back, I see I helped you out nearly a decade ago

Sorry for the confusion here, the system just changed last week and a side effect was to send notices to all the users on their "new" levels.  You can see the information on the new ranking system here.  

I would suggest you do not have the moderator shut down your account, you have gotten help here in the past and may have questions for us in the future as well.

One tip - most of the folks answering questions here look for questions with no responses.  If you reply to your own post it may appear that someone is already engaging with you and responders here may not open your message, thinking you are already being helped.  If you post and want to add information before you have a response it could be better to edit your original response rather than post a reply.  To edit a message click on the three large dots in the upper right of your post and select edit.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.