Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet Z5400

When I try turning my printer on, I keep getting stuck with the 08:11 error code with the message “Restart the printer. If the problem persists, **bleep**,” after being on initializing 1% for a while. I was given an email for a guy to contact to have him help me fix it, and he told me to replace the hard disk. So I did that, and the problem hasn’t changed one bit. He told me to look at the flashing lights (I,II,III) on the back, but none of them are flashing. I don’t know what to do, I’ve already spent 200$ to try to fix this. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You need to install disk with the printer firmware on it, if you install any disk it will not work.

Make sure you installed disk with propper firmware for your printer model.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

The formatter board has either a network cable or USB cable plugged into it. Next to the connector there are 3 LEDS on the formatter board. They are labeled I, II, III. They will either be solid or flashing. You need to determine what the sequence of the three LEDS are in order to decode the error. Here are the most common errors.

This LED sequence points to a faulty Hard Disk:

LED1: FLASHING
LED2: OFF
LED3: OFF

Faulty Hard Disk:

LED1: ON
LED2: FLASHING

Replace the Formatter:

LED2: OFF

Replace Formatter and Main PCA board:

LED2: ON

Replace Main PCA board:

LED3: FLASHING

---------------------------------------------------------------

08:04 error with a sub code reading:

LED1: FLASHING
LED3: ON

. . . you must test the condition of the Engine to Interconnect cable first.
I was an HP Customer Engineer from 1995-2002.
During this time, I serviced contract and warranty calls within the Northern Indiana area. When I left HP, I took my HP Designjet service experience and started my own business servicing out of contract plotters. Designjetpartsfast.com was launched in 2009. With over 20 years Designjet experience, I can help you resolve issues you are experiencing with your Designjet Printer.
HP Recommended

Thanks! Do you know how I would go about downloading the firmware onto the disc?

HP Recommended

Can't be done, data on HDD is encrypted.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.