Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-11-2018 04:43 AM
I can't change any settings on this printer. Not even the wifi network. All features are admin locked. Factory reset didn't work and neither does turning it off, unplugging and back on
12-12-2018 04:26 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the administrator password.
Don't worry, I'm here to help!
Let's try these steps -
Step 1 Network Restore -
On the printer control panel, touch (Wireless), and then touch Settings. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.
Step 2 Reboot the devices -
1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer.
2) Wait for 60 seconds.
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
5) Turn on the computer.
Step 3 Run Wireless Wizard -
1) Set up the printer hardware. See the getting started guide or the setup poster that came with your printer.
2) On the printer control panel, touch (Wireless), and then touch Settings.
3) Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then touch Continue.
4) Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.
If the issue still persists I have sent you a Private Message with the troubleshooting steps specific to your printer.
Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.
Hope this helps!
Let me know how that goes.
To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the blue "Thumbs up".
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community