Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Advanced Rules in HP SmartStream Designer Concatenate a Line Break

HP Recommended
HP SmartStream Designer 13
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi, I need to create a rule where a line break needs to be concatenated if the expression evaluates to FALSE but I can't find a way to insert a line break in the advanced rule window. This is what my rule looks like:

IF(FIELD("Last")=FIELD("Spouse-Last"))

THEN(CONCAT(FIELD("First")," and ",FIELD("Spouse-First")," ",FIELD("Last")))

ELSE(CONCAT(FIELD("First")," ",FIELD("Last"),"\n", FIELD("Spouse-First")," ", FIELD("Spouse-Last")))

So what this does is the person's last name is the same as their spouse's last name it will show as: John and Jane Smith

If not is should look like this:

John Smith

Jane Doe

I thought that inserting \n would do the trick but instead it actually shows up in preview. i.e: John Smith\nJane Doe

Is there a way to do this?  I know I could have 2 rules setup in a way to acomplish this but I want to know if it's possible to insert line breaks and have only 1 rule. This has been bugging me for a while.  Thanks for the help!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation