Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z3200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printing 42x30 poster from .pdf.  Everything looked great on the first print, then the black went out.  Can't get it back.IMG_2069.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue.

For a start, you can try to re-install the Printhead and also the Supplies and see if the problem goes away.

Please refer to the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXsFKk97tbQ

If the problem persists after checking the Printhead and Supplies, please contact you local HP support to request for a replacement printhead.

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy .
HP Recommended

Hi FurmanR,

can you check what is the ink level for Black ink? 

Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you. :generic:
HP Recommended

If black starts to print and then fades, the ink supply seems to be blocked or print head is not getting a continuous ink from the ink cartridges.

1. Check the black ink cartridge - if empty / within warranty

2. Check the print Head - if still within usage and warranty period - or it might have failed

3. try to perform Print head cleaning ( manually ) from the Printers Ink Menu > clean print head.

4. Check for any overfilled / dirty Service station ( on the right side) this block the print head nozzels.

5. Clean the print head nozzel part with a soft damp cloth gently to clear of any ink blockages.

Hope this helps. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error/Issue : Black ink won't print

Problem Description: seems K Printhead nozzels are not working proper.

The possible cause could be: K Print head issue / out of warranty Printhead is in use.

Corrective Action: print a "Diagnostic Print" page that will help to find which printhead is not printing proper.
Printing the Diagnostic Print : In the Service Utilities submenu, scroll to “Diagnostic Print” and press OK.
: You will be given three options. Use the Arrow keys to make the selection and press the OK key to start printing the required Diagnostic Print

Perform clean printhead > align PH and color calibration ( IN THE SAME SEQUENCE ) , these activities help to make it ok, even if same issue and if PH is out of warranty then replace it to check.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.